Post codes: TW7 5PN
Region: Greater London
Grasshoppers Rugby Football Club was founded in 1950 made up of 6 rugby players (founders), 3 college students and 11 novices and trained on Ealing Common.In 1956 Grasshoppers RFC opened their first ground just off Greenford Avenue but had to leave in 1959 due to vandalism to the pitch and clubhouse. From 1960 to 1975, Grasshoppers RFC were based at the Dysart Arms in Richmond and used 3 pitches in Richmond Park.These facts have been taken from a short historical piece, written by Grasshoppers RFC President and Founder Member, Fred Hallows. It is interesting to note that the piece refers to Grasshoppers, back in 1960, â€˜realising that the future of the club depended on developing good young playersâ€™ and in that year the first Colts team was formed.
User since: Mar 11, 2017See all ads »